Monday, May 4, 2015

Scented Socks

We had a great time creating this final commercial in e9. Me, Cyle, Amy, and Emily came up with the idea of Scented Socks for our very final project. I was very excited to start this project, especially the video section. Scented Socks are socks that block out the stinky stenches from your terrible feet, and to replace that stench with a delicious smell. Our video was about stinky socks fighting our delicious socks, in a humourous fight. We wanted to show the audience that nobody wants to smell gross socks. The most enjoyable part in this project to me was the video section. Working with many groups in the video section of e9 has helped me become more open to more people, especially in this final group rotation. Overall, our team worked well with each other and we completed our tasks quickly and thoughtfully. I am pleased at how our Scented Socks commercial came out, and I am excited to present it.

The animation we created for our scented socks was built together as a team. All four of us contributed to the product, and I thought it turned out well. I created the packaging, creating a box very similar to socks you would find at the store. Inside of the box, there is a hook holding up the socks. Beside the box, a few of our flavors are presented. Overall, the animation was a very creative aspect of the project.


We had a very rough time with the website. After recieving help four separate times from Mr. Olson, and coming in early/late for more than 3 hours total to try and fix it, our website would still not work in safari. Because of the website issue, it created a domino affect onto all of our other pieces of the project. It through our presentation off completely, and didn't allow extra time to perfect out other aspects of the project. I am disappointed that this happened to us, mainly because my team members did not deserve a bad grade, when I was the creater of the website. Don't get me wrong, the website was a great presentation tool for most groups, it was just not my personal preference. Overall, the website was a tricky, but also a creative and interesting part to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment