Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Video Final Reflection

Semester Reflection

Description

Over this semester, many things happened. The complexity of this class versus the small section of video we learned in e9 was much wider. Within this semester, we learned everything from how to J&L edit to how to work together as a team in order to succeed. Also, there were a few major and a few minor projects assigned throughout the semester. First, we were assigned to complete a couple projects that brought everyone back into the video mood. This contained basic knowledge of video production, such as how to work the fancy equipment and tripod, how to edit videos correctly, and more basic video production processes. After that, we were assigned to create a story on somebody's hobby. This was a fairly large step in explore A/V because it was the first story that we interviewed someone. Then came the blood drive, where we interviewed people on the spot, and captured live B-Roll. For the final project, two teams were assigned among the class. This project was special because everybody had to manage their time correctly and be responsible. Also, this project used all of the skills we have learned over the course of this class.

Reaction

Some issues that came across were not having enough time, having miscommunication with the partner or group, and having issues with the technology. Although time was sometimes an issue, you could easily come in before or after school to finish any project needed. Miscommunication was only an issue among certain people, and certain circumstances. Technological issues occasionally came across, and those are sometimes hard to fix. Mostly everyone experience some diet of technology trouble, but help was given to each individual. Each problem I experienced caused me to react in different fashions. Sometimes I got angry, but soon attempted to resolve the problem.

Evaluation & Analysis

The elements that worked in some situations were the collaboration of some groups and the communication between groups. When it came to help, most problems were solved by fellow peers, This is a vital element in eComm, because everyone needs to be on the same page. One element that didn't work as well was the amount of focus during class time. Not having a teacher in the room really sets some people off task in a hurry. Some students decided to not work very much at all with their class time, and this set them off to a bad grade.

Learning

There were a vast amount of concepts, technical skills, and soft skills that we learned. A few examples include how to J & L edit, how to set up the camera correctly, and how to do many other things. Learning how to setup very expensive cameras was quite difficult for me and I need to make sure that remember how to do this for second semester. You need to adjust the iris, focus, and zoom all depending on the situation. Also, when using Final Cut Pro, you need to J & L edit so that your interview does not look lengthy and boring. You also need to adjust the audio between 6 and 12 so that your video is not too loud or quiet. Not only did I learn concepts and technical skills, I have also found that I have learned how to communicate and collaborate much better than before. In addition to that, I have come to believe that my time management and project management have improved as well.

Action

I plan to take all the skills I have learned into next semester and into life. Some of the skills  I have learned from explore A/V are very useful within an everyday life. The communication and collaboration can help me in various ways within life. Although I have learned many useful things in this class, I can improve on my skills that I have right now. For example, I need to be able to hold the camera more steadily. I need to stand in a certain stance that Mrs. Morris showed. This stance is a bit awkward but allows very stead shots. Also, I need to work on creating a great angle or viewpoint on a story. For the audience of the video to enjoy what they are watching, there needs to be a good angle on the story. (Beginning, Middle, End) Overall, this semester has thought me many, many things and I want to continue the learnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment